Friday, August 22, 2008

A Changing of the seasons

As I leave the summer behind for the halls and studies of the school year I would like to say that my post will, in all likeliness, get closer together once the school year is here.


With that being said, I would also like any readers out there to know that starting this year I am thinking about doing some more "meaty" projects on this blog that will entail more than brief plot summaries and what I think of the overall affect of said film. I plan on doing a couple (between two and who knows how many) pieces on a subject that is very near and dear to my heart as a movie fan.





I do not wish to divulge all of what I am planning on doing, but I can tell you that the photographs in this blog will have a lot to do with some of these articles that I would like to write.





With that being said, I will leave you to enjoy the pictures and ask for any suggestions for ideas that I might write about, or movies that I should watch and write about in here. If there is any input at all, it will be greatly appreciated. I hope that this upcoming year will be a time of great films and great insights into them.




2 comments:

Weaverman said...

Scorsese, Bergman, Altman and Kurosawa. A pretty heavy line-up and I'm sure that anything you say on them will be interesting. Bergman and Kurosawa are at the very top of my tree and Scorsese is clawing his way up. I'm less sure of Altman. I love him for being a true maverick and totally individual but he doesn't always hit his target as far as I'm concerned. A great director ? Without a doubt but, perhaps one that I'm not 100% in tune with.
Good luck with the studies

Cerpts said...

I'll be very interested to see what you come up with. Again I'll have to echo Weaverman with the photos being an indication of a mighty good start! Up until the last year or so, I had seen one Bergman film (THE SEVENTH SEAL obviously) and only 3 Kurosawas (SEVEN SAMURAI again obviously plus DREAMS and THRONE OF BLOOD). But it is thanks to Weaverman that I have seen quite a few more Bergmans and Kurosawa -- not to mention Powell & Pressburgers, Ozus, Bunuels, Fellinis -- well, you get the picture. I must say his taste is impeccable and if he recommends something you can be sure it'll be enjoyable! Can't wait to see what you have in store!