Saturday, September 20, 2008

Well...




I have been busier than I had expected to be and I apologize for the lack of posts.


Some of the movies I have watched lately:


Love in the Afternoon (one of Eric Rohmer's Six Moral Tales) which is a fantastic piece of film.


Samurai Rebellion which seems to show the viewer what would happen if Ozu and Kurosawa had a love-filmmaker, with a finale to die for.


Burn After Reading The Coen's latest comedy may be the brothers' best post-critical screwball comedy.


Son of Rambow wonderful indie comedy about a young lad from England and his coming of age tale.


The Counterfeiters The Austrian winner of the Best Foreign Language Oscar last year is a powerful story about an interesting concentration camp in WWII.


The Fall by Indian director Tarsem. Visual masterpiece.



Stay tuned for early Oscar coverage and some fall movie picks. The meatier pieces may have to wait until Christmas break.


1 comment:

Weaverman said...

Welcome back Aaron. The only one of the films you mention that I've seen was SAMURAI REBELLION which I loved. I gather that you liked it as well but didn't quite get what you meant about Kurosawa and Ozu.